Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Shop, The Rod and the Chopper.


I haven't been blogging like I should. I feel that I have neglected my audience. That was an attempt at sarcasm for those that did not get it. There just has not been much exciting going on that would necessitate a blog entry, so here I am on the computer writing another meaningless blog blurb.
My shop is beginning to take a little better shape. I applied some floor paint to the front of the shop so I could have a nice clean work area for my rod once I get it in there, but the weather has kept me at bay from working on the rod too much. That shop can get very cold in the winter, and my little propane heater just doesn't warm up the joint enough. That will be something that I will have to work on.
It almost looks like a speed shop in there now with all the parts and tools. Sometimes I go in there and marvel at the wonder that is my shop. I think it needs a name. Something cool that expresses my love of cars and going fast, again something I will have to work on. I guess I would have to use my name in it too. Imagine the possibilities.
In other news, my beloved chopper is for sale on EBay. I just don't feel the need to ride anymore. Texas bikers are just too crazy for me. First off, they ride with no helmet. What kind of idiot rides a motorcycle with no helmet? I've ridden dirt bikes for years, and have crashed many times, and every time I have landed on my head! This could be due to the fact that most of my weight is carried above my shoulders. You see, I have a giant cranium that has been passed down through the generations through my mother's side of the family. We are large headed beasts prone to various injuries due to a cranial imbalance. Not good to have on a motorcycle.
Second, Texas riders will ride even when it's raining. Now this is the Californian in me coming out, but I don't ride unless it's 70 to 80 degrees and not a cloud for thousands of miles. Since I moved to Texas, I've had to ride in high winds, pouring rain, extreme cold, searing heat, and so on. I love to ride, but I'll always be a California rider. I hate leather jackets and chaps, so I will never be a cold weather rider, and when it come to heat, I ain't wearing shorts on a motorcycle like I see a lot of the morons here doing.
The chopper has run its course with me. If I get another bike it will be a V-twin, but it will have suspension, a place for my wife to ride, and a place to keep a gun. A rigid bike is fun, there is no doubt, but your hiney tends to get a Little sore after 100 miles and sometimes less. I'm over the cool factor when it comes to motorcycles. Well, sort of. You will never see me on a Goldwing or a full dress cruiser like that. I'm not that old!!!( Sorry, Eric).

2 comments:

Eric said...

No hard feelings. I ride to get out and enjoy the road, the scenery, and the overall experience. I'm just to the point where a fairing and a nice tall windshield help me enjoy the moments just a little better.

I guess I am that old, but I've made my peace with father time. I think he might ride in our church group? He's the one with the grey hair, oh, wait ... they all might be father time.

Westicles said...

Names for the shop...
Elambrock,(derived from edelbrock)
The B & E Car Shop(representing Brent Elam...Not breaking and entering)
I could design and order a huge Warner Bros sign (the WB will stand for Wes and Brent) haha
oh or you could use a long and detailed title such as......

The backyard, big block building, brent's a badass workshop!!